Monday, May 20, 2013


Hello my name is Levi Kujawa-Seda.  I'm a sophomore at Six Rivers Charter High School.  I live in Humboldt County in Blue Lake California.  I love playing sports especially basketball.  I’m also in other activities like Boy Scouts.  I love to cook and play music with my  violin.  How important is writing to me?  When you first asked me this I think it's not very important.  But then when I think about it, it effects me a lot.  I use it all the time. I use it for communication, I use it to write essays, it affects me most everything I do.  My life would be completely different without writing.  Well not be different just more challenging.  As for my writing skills.  My writing skills as of right now are fairly good.  I now know how to get my viewers attention so they will read the rest of my paper.  I'm pretty good at writing body paragraphs but not the greatest I still have things I can improve on them.  My weaknesses are revising my essays. When I revise I either want to change everything or not make enough changes to it.  I have trouble finding a good medium.  I'm strong when it comes two quick rights because I can just keep writing and not worry if it's wrong.  This year in my English to class it hasn't really taught me a bunch of new skills but it has enhanced the skills I already had. This portfolio process has taught me that I can't do everything all at once and I need to pace myself.  My plans after high school is to go to a junior college graduate from there and then afterwards go to a special skills College. What I plan to do is to become a chef and then eventually owning my own restaurant. How writing will help me in this job will be when I make recipes , write letters and writing out grocery list.  Welcome to my portfolio.

No comments:

Post a Comment